- Black Belt (graduated by Paulo Guimaraes 23rd November 2013)
- Began training Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu February 2002 with ROOTS Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
Awards & Achievements
- Won NSW Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu title October 2002
- Won Pan-Pacific Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu title November 2002 (Melbourne)
- Won NSW Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu title March 2003
- Qualified for World titles in Brazil 2003
- Won Australian Freestyle Wrestling Championships 2003 (Adelaide)
- Qualified for World Freestyle Wrestling Championships 2003 (New York) Ranked 21st in the world after the competition
- Won World Cup in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu June 2003 (Rio De Janeiro, Brazil)
- Won Pan-Pacific Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu title November 2003 (Melbourne)
- Won Australian Submission Wrestling title 2004
- Won World Cup in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu June 2004 (Salvador, Brazil)
- Bronze in World Championships in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu June 2004 (Rio De Janeiro, Brazil)
- Won World Pro Jiu-Jitsu trials Australasia 2010
- Taught Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu to Children and Women 2005 – 2006
- Taught Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu / wrestling at Cranbrook School, 2009 – 2010
- Teaching Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu to female only classes within the ROOTS Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Dojo in Rockdale, 2011 to Current
While not everyone may want to dedicate the time required to become a world champion, everyone, can reap the benefits from Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
I can promise you that BJJ will assist in the development of physical fitness, self-confidence, self-discipline and many other aspects in character building in people, I know because I have experienced this first hand.
Students learn about martial arts in a safe and respectful way with the aim of developing positive relationships with physical activity while respecting the values instilled through ancient martial arts. ROOTS Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is underpinned by the values of loyalty, respect and the development of self-confidence.